The holidays are a wonderful time of gift giving for many. I’m a very goal-oriented kind of gal and I have some friends who are very much the same way. I wanted to give these women a special gift but a Christmas gift didn’t quite fit. Instead this year, I’m sending them a Ring in the New Year Care Package.
This is a simple and frugal care package for college students, bloggers, writers, dreamers, and more.
The great thing about this care package is that it can easily be done in bulk for multiple folks. At a minimum, you’ll need:
- 1 Notebook or Journal
- A Pencil
- 1 Pack of Sticky Notes
- A few Binder Clips or Paper Clips
- A Bell or Two
- Yarn or Ribbon
- Container or Box
Want to get the Ring in the New Year Care Package labels? Sign up for my newsletter and get the pdf download.
Keep Multiple Packages Frugal
Thinking of giving the same new year care package to multiple folks? Consider these ideas to keep it frugal:
- Buy packs of journal or notebooks, or use very simple and always frugal composition books. Check the dollar store and bulk bins at craft stores for fun and often very inexpensive journal options.
- The dollar store almost always has packs of 10 pencils for a dollar. Buy plain or decorative ones.
- Sticky notes come in packs of 12 – buy the entire pack, send some and keep the rest.
- Binder clips are great for giving care packages locally and again come in bulk packs. Split the bulk pack amongst several recipients.
- If mailing the care package, consider switching the binder clips for paper clips and putting a small handful into a plastic bag for shipping. This will keep the package flatter and allow for mailing in a padded envelope if desired.
Presenting the New Year Care Package
I used some cardstock I had on hand to print the tags. Cut the tags from the paper with pinking shears. It’s simple but gives the tag a little extra touch. Finally, punch a hole in the tag and tie a few jingle bells to it with scrap yarn or ribbon.
For packages that I mail, I’m going to stick it all into a padded envelope with a personalized note. My local friends will get it all tied together with a ribbon and a bow.
It’s a simple gift but one that will be appreciated for its thoughtfulness and practicality.